Job Title: Software Engineer - Business Systems (Remote, Telework), US. JO# 18101
Since 2009, Cherokee Nation Technologies (CNT) has been serving government clients with time-tested solutions that increase client effectiveness through the intelligent use of technology. CNT's expertise includes software and application services, network services, and business process services. The company is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, with a regional office in Ft. Collins, Colorado, and client locations nationwide. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNT is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
For more company information, visit our site at: www.cnt.com
CNT is seeking a Software Engineer position who is a subject matter expert on open-source geospatial software, relational databases, applications, services and solutions on AWS Cloud and on premise environment. The right candidate will provide cross-team developmental and maintenance services to other projects: Specifications-Explorer (Spec-X); Legacy Names Maintenance Tools (BGN, GAZ) . Must work well within a small team as well as independently to ensure tasks are completed within the appropriate time frame.
Cherokee Nation Technologies uses the Agile Framework with Scrum, team members will be expected to participate in daily and weekly stand-ups, retrospectives and sprint planning. Must be comfortable with changing deliverables, deadlines, and projects using a variety of different technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
- Design, and work with proprietary (ESRI) and open-source geospatial databases
- Provide cross-team developmental and maintenance services to other project teams for various systems: Spex-X, Gaz BGN
- Create, maintain and improve web applications, UIs, and databases
- Provide geospatial data inventory management and services
- Create and manage metadata using FGDC and ISO metadata standards
- Provide business intelligence expertise (metadata, master data management, data standards)
- Support and lead data conversion and ETL Strategies
- Build and maintain web services and APIs
- Provide DevOps, CI/CD, and AWS support
- Transition to Cloud-hosted databases (which may require a transition off of Oracle databases), applications, and web services; increased use of geospatial open source solutions; and improved support for mobile environments.
No supervisory or management authority.
EDUCATON AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar degree
- 5+ years of experience with databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL)
- 3+ years of experience with FGDC and ISO standards
- 3+ years of experience with building Web Services and APIs (XML,YAML, JSON)
- 1+ years of experience with Spring, Spring Roo, Spring Boot, Spring Tool Set
- 1+ year developing with Web-based Viewer Technologies (OpenLayers, Leaflet, Geoserver, etc)
- 1+ years of experience with DevOps best practices (i.e. source control, automated testing, deployment)
- 1+ years of experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery / Deployment and automation practices
- 1+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud technologies.
- 1+ years of experience with Python or C#/C++
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Skilled in software development best practices, including performance, accessibility, responsive web design, progressive enhancement, and Test Driven Development.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of DevOps best practices (i.e. source control, automated testing, deployment)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery/Deployment and automation practices
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud technologies.
- Develop Web-based Viewer Technologies (OpenLayers, Leaflet, Geoserver, etc)
- Ability to write reusable, testable, efficient and scalable code.
- Understanding of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience with Enterprise Databases - PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, My SQL Server
- Web development knowledge in programing languages Python, C# / C++,
- Ability to build and manage REST services and shared APIs - JSON, XML, YAML
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Function well in a fast-paced environment.
- U.S. citizenship required.
Remote / Telework
Office environment - Rolla, MO
With $400 million in annual revenue, more than 3000 employees and nearly 1,000 federal projects for more than 60 government agencies in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 territories, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) team of companies are well positioned to deliver the expertise needed to solve the world's most pressing issues. Together, CNB's companies provide an array of services - from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense - for 12 of the 15 Cabinet departments.
Why consider Cherokee Nation Businesses? The following links can help you learn more about what we do and the many great reasons to join our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2019 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com
This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.