Primary Location: United States (US)- Iowa -
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Software Engineer (50080699)- 69519
As a Software Engineer working for John Deere Construction & Forestry Division, located in Dubuque, IA, you will become a contributing member of an embedded software engineering team, focused on the development of embedded software applications for off-highway industrial equipment. In addition, you will:
- Design, develop, test, and debug software components used for electronically controlled systems on various Construction & Forestry products, while complying with a defined development process and coding standards
- Participate on Agile-based software development teams and collaborate with cross functional product design teams developing various features, such as electro-hydraulics, powertrain, and/or operator interfaces
- Use model-based software design tools and techniques to develop, analyze, and simulate complex machine control systems
- Provide technical support to the factory, Supply Management, and Product Support during key product development phases
- Lead key group initiatives to drive efficiency & quality into our Embedded Software Development Process
- Provide assistance in the creation of software specification
- Provide technical leadership and counsel to less experienced employees within the group
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 3 or more years of experience in Electrical and/or Software Engineering performing analysis, design, and testing for embedded RTOS software projects
- Advanced programming experience in C or C++
- Proficient with embedded systems tools such as compilers, simulators, debuggers, etc.
- Experience with Model Based Software Design techniques
- Intermediate knowledge of electronic circuits and components, such as Micro Controllers, FETs, EEPROM/Flash, etc., with the ability to read schematics and data sheets
- Experience with SAE J1939 CAN Communications
- Effective communicator with teamwork experience
- Excellent problem solver
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience with software configuration management, software planning, and code reviews tools and/or practices
- Experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- Experience Model Based Software Design, preferably Mathworks (Simulink/Stateflow/Real-Time Workshop)
- Knowledge of Electro-hydraulics and powertrain applications
- Experience in Embedded Software Development for mobile equipment applications
- Experience with SAE J1939 CAN analysis tools, specifically VehicleSpy or CANoe
- Experience with Tasking VX Compiler and JTAG debuggers
- Experience in device driver firmware development
- Strong project management skills and leadership potential
Education (or equivalent experience)
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably in Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click hereto find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.