Software Engineer to participate in the development of machine learning, data mining, and statistical or graph-based algorithms designed to fuse and analyze massive data sets. This position requires strong technical skills in areas such as enterprise application integration and software development.
The candidate should have prior experience in computer applications, languages, technologies, advanced set-up and configurations, troubleshooting, and system design. This position will be performed in a multidisciplinary team environment with tight deadlines. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, will be enthusiastic about new technology, and will work well in in small teams.
- US Citizen; active Top-Secret / SCI clearance is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Software Engineering, Computer Science,)
- Software development experience (7+ years)
- Hands-on experience in a Linux environment
- 3 to 7 years of experience using Python 3.6/3.7
- Experience in the following Python packages: Pandas, gdal, Numpy, Shapely, Keras, TensorFlow, Matplotlib, mysql, beautifulsoup, seaborn and built-in packages pathlib, ast, traceback, zipfile, json, shutil, hashlib, datetime, time, subprocess, csv, sys, os, collections (namedtuple, OrderedDict), pprint, and timeit.
- Experience writing, debugging and maintaining test software in Python
- 5 to 10 years of Linux / Unix Command line experience using the following commands: ssh, scp, chmod, chown, git, cp, rm. Must be able to use the command line to explore file structures, move files on different file systems and execute applications remotely or locally.
- Experience in automating all data preparation methods and creating a CLI for turnkey operation from a non-technical user.
- Experience working on DoD or IC networks.
- Experience in capturing, parsing, storing NITF metadata using GDAL and also by capturing the Extended Metadata unique to airborne SAR NITF files not available in the GDAL standard parsing
- Experience in understanding and using the TCPED process.