PeopleTec is currently seeking a Software Engineer to support our Huntsville, AL location.
The candidate will provide software engineering expertise to a research and development group investigating human systems interfaces for Army aviation, ground vehicles and weapon systems. The candidate will work with research scientists, graduate students and other engineers in a collaborative research environment. The primary responsibility of the candidate will be software development of graphics applications which enable evaluation of alternative visual interfaces for human operators.
- 8+ years software engineering experience
- Experience developing software with OpenGL, C++, and C, C#, and Java in Visual Studio
- 2D and 3D graphics software design and development
- Experience interfacing with 6 DOF simulation applications desirable
- Development with 3D game engines such as Unity and VBS desirable
- Experience developing software for Virtual Reality (VR) applications desirable
- Familiarity with avionics display graphics design and rotorcraft systems desirable
- Knowledge of agile development processes is desirable
- Creating software requirements, design, interface and test documentation desirable
- Working in a research and development laboratory environment desirable
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong interpersonal communications skills and ability to work across geographically diverse groups
- Ability to successfully complete tasks with minimal direction both working as a individual contributor as well as a team member
- Travel: 15%
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- An active DoD Secret clearance is required to perform this work. Candidates are required to have an active Secret clearance upon hire, and the ability to maintain this level of clearance during their employment.
A completed Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics is required.
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.