What you will be doing on a daily basis:
- Improving, debugging and maintaining a suite of microservices that power personalization across Zappos sales channels. Thinking about scalability, monitoring and security 100% of the time.
- Adding new microservices to address newly discovered customer pain points.
- Collaborating with Data Scientists and Infrastructure Engineers to productionalize new machine learning models.
- Standing on the front lines to help solve the problems of the day. Not being afraid to dig into the details.
- Learning the ins and outs of AWS, including ways to use it you never realized were possible.
- Working directly with Senior Software Engineers and receiving mentorship and guidance along the way.
- Working in a relaxed atmosphere full of a diverse set of people and skills.
What you bring to the table:
- Good grasp of Object Oriented Design and Data Structures.
- You have experience building and deploying applications in the cloud (AWS, Azure, etc).
- A personal Github with side projects is a plus.
- Knowledge of Java and Spring Framework is a big plus.
- You enjoy problems that require 'digging'.
- You have an insatiable desire for knowledge.
- You’re not afraid to bring your ideas to the table.
- You think there is a slack emoji for every occasion.
- You like to share interesting tidbits from that Medium post you read the other day.
- You get unreasonably excited when AWS releases new products.
- You like birthday cake...... lots and lots of cake.