Sema4 is a patient-centered health intelligence company founded on the idea that more information, deeper analysis, and increased engagement will improve the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Sema4 is dedicated to transforming healthcare by building dynamic models of human health and defining optimal, individualized health trajectories, starting in the areas of reproductive health and oncology. Centrellis™, our innovative health intelligence platform, is enabling us to generate a more complete understanding of disease and wellness and to provide science-driven solutions to the most pressing medical needs. Sema4 believes that patients should be treated as partners, and that data should be shared for the benefit of all.
R&D Bioinformatics is seeking a talented Software Engineer to work on precision medicine, large clinical-genomic data and predictive model to transform healthcare industry. You will work in an interdisciplinary team consists of oncology domain experts, data scientists, database experts and other software engineers to develop and implement novel approaches in translational medicine. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing components of a clinical-genomic pipeline to support oncology related product development and RWD analysis.
- Collaborate with data scientists to transform patients’ clinical and genomic data into precision medicine knowledge base
- Collaborate with product development team to build client facing product
- Build data modules to enable RWD analysis
- Apply NLP tools for feature extraction
- Ph.D./M.S. in Oncology, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Informatics or related field with a minimum 2 years of relevant post-graduate experience
- Must have strong coding proficiency in Python, SQL, and/or R programming languages with a minimum 2 years of hand-on experience
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Hand on experience with clinical and genomic data is preferred
- Experience with algorithm development is preferred
- Experience with AWS, Redshift is preferred
- Experience with NLP is preferred
- Experience with REST API is preferred