Our client is looking for exceptional data engineers/developers in our Data & Analytics organization. The Full-stack Engineer is responsible for the delivery of a business need end-to-end starting from understanding the requirements to deploying the software into production. This role requires you to be fluent in some of the critical technologies with proficiency in others and have a hunger to learn on the job and add value to the business. Critical attributes of being a full-stack engineer among others is Ownership & Accountability.
In addition to Delivery, the full-stack engineer should have an automation first and continuous improvement mindset. He/She should drive the adoption of CI/CD tools and support the improvement of the tools sets/processes.
In this role, you will actively partner with Global Data and Analytics delivery leadership, business stakeholders, subject matter experts, as well as, your development team on initiatives that support our client's strategic goals centered on healthcare providers and quality of care for our value-based reimbursement programs. You and your team will be building next-generation reporting and analytical capabilities on an enterprise-wide scale. You will work in an agile environment, delivering user-oriented products which will be available both internally and externally for consumption by healthcare providers.
Full stack engineers are able to articulate clear business objectives aligned to technical specifications and work in an iterative, agile pattern daily. They have ownership over their work tasks, and embrace interacting with all levels of the team and raise challenges when necessary. We aim to be cutting-edge engineers - not institutionalized developers.
- Write referenceable & modular code
- Design and architect the solution independently
- Be fluent in particular areas and have proficiency in many areas
- Have a passion to learn
- Take ownership and accountability
- Understands when to automate and when not to
- Have a desire to simplify
- Be entrepreneurial/business minded
- Have a quality mindset, not just code quality but also to ensure ongoing data quality by monitoring data to identify problems before they have business impact
- Take risks and champion new ideas
- 2+ years being part of Agile teams - Scrum or Kanban
- 3+ years of working in an object-oriented language: Java, C#, Scala, or other OO compiled language
- 2+ years of scripting (Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- 3+ years of database – SQL
- Experience with Git/SVN
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in BDD and/or TDD development methodologies
- Understanding of Design Patterns
- Work in an agile CI/CD environment (Jenkins experience a plus)
- Knowledge and/or experience with Health care information domains is a plus
- Experience with big data technologies, such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, also a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Solid, diverse work experience in IT with experience in application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
If interested, please email your resume to email@example.com
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178