The successful candidate will perform work that applies a broad theoretical and practical knowledge of software engineering to include but not be limited to reviewing, preparing, and analyzing all types of documentation: Planning, requirements, design, V&V, support and test. Also to include source code, configuration files and engineering resolution support. Responsibilities may also include but not be limited to:
- Determining operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Improving operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Obtaining and licensing software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products
- Providing information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
- Accomplishing engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Performing Software Quality Assurance (SQA) to ensure that developed software meets and complies with defined or standardized quality specifications.
- Working as a member of an agile software development team. Performing some mix of the below tasks as directed by the government team lead or engineering lead
- Elaborate high level feature/function descriptions into detailed technical designs and tasks, in collaboration with users (from Lead Command or operating units) and government lead engineers
- Perform coding tasks for features/functions
- Perform coding tasks for functional and performance tests for features/functions
- Perform peer design and code reviews with other team members
- Perform coding/scripting tasks for software build, packaging and deployment
- Perform other software engineering and documentation tasks as assigned
Candidates should possess a demonstrated proficiency with one or more of the following;
- Agile XP
- 12 Factor Development
- API development/management
There are multiple openings ranging from 5 to 15 years of experience.
- BS and 5-15 years of demonstrated proficiency with SDLC
- Experience on DoD or Air Force acquisition programs desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic team environment meeting end users' requirements.
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Must be a US citizen
- Position will be located in Boston
- Must have an active Secret Clearance or possess ability to obtain one