Title: Project Engineer
Description: The Project Engineer provides application feasibility, planning and coordination support for new order opportunities or sold projects.
- Effectively manage all assigned projects from kick off to customer sign-off and ultimate customer satisfaction
- Develop project scope (including project engineering-statement of work), budge and schedule as a project is developed
- Complete site surveys where required
- Manage projects to maintain and/or improve project profit margin
- Coordinate and integrate team and individual efforts to build positive professional relationship with clients and associates
- Effectively manage customer expectations
- Effectively communicate project status to stake holders
- Take ownership of any project issues and work to resolve the issues quickly
- Maintain installation documentation packages throughout the course of a project to ensure effective communication and file retention
- Monitor project costs to ensure projects are executed cost effectively
- Ensure that project implementation activities are carried out safely, utilizing environmentally sound methods/practices and complying with all applicable internal and external safety and environmental rules/requirements
- Consult with functional relationship parties as appropriate to resolve technical issues that arise pre-installation, during installation or during the service life of the equipment
- Liaise with suppliers and take responsibility for their delivery performance
- Liaise with Credit Department to ensure timely invoicing and payment where applicable
- Provide timely response to internal and external customers
- Fully participate in company meetings including department specific meetings
- Other ad-hoc projects as required
Supervisory Responsibilities - the position has no supervisory responsibilities
Education and/or Experience - Bachelors degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a four year college or university and 5+ years related project management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Travel - may be required up to 30-35%
Language Skills - Read, analyze and interpret complex technical documents. Respond effectively to inquiries or complaints from Sales, Service or the customer base. Use clear, concise written communication.
Mathematical Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basis algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability - Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions from the groups with which the functional relationships exist. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical, diagrammatic, blueprint or verbal form.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to site and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception.
Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally expose to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk or electric shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.