Sr. Specialist Software Engineer - C++
Job Code: SIS20182301-29777
Job Location: Rochester, NY or Herndon, VA or Melbourne, FL
Do you want to protect some of our nations critical assets? Join our team! Harris is looking for high performing individuals who can design, develop, deploy, and sustain systems that provide the geospatial intelligence community with critical information to protect our nation. Our team of highly technical problem solvers, intrigued by creating one-of-a-kind systems. You can solve the most demanding technical challenges while knowing that your efforts are protecting our nation.
Working with senior software engineers, design, develop and integrate software solutions that enhance Harris’ Geospatial intelligence offerings. You will be responsible for developing Image and Video Processing Software for a variety of Geospatial Intelligence Applications including: analyzing data for critical decision making, collecting imagery from satellites and examining relationships between resources, locations and people.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 6 years of related experience in software development; or a Graduate Degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience of Object Oriented C++
- Active TS/SCI clearance required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Cross Platform Development experience (Linux, Solaris, Windows, etc.)
- Experience with multi-threaded development
- Exposure to Image Science / Image Chain Analysis
- Familiar with Agile SCRUM
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Software experience in C, JAVA, Python
- Use of Tools and Equipment:
- Software version control and defect tracking systems
- Jenkins Continuous Integration Tools
- Atlassian Tool Suite including Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Git
- Static code analysis tools for metrics and rules assessment
- Automated testing and reporting frameworks (such as Google Test)
- Ability to work with MATLAB or IDL source code
- Experience with PERL scripting or other scripting language
- Knowledge of 3D mathematic
This position requires the candidate to already possess an active TS/SCI clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Job Category: Engineering
Location: USA - NY - Rochester
Activation Date: Wednesday, February 20, 2019
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 28, 2019