Talascend is currently seeking a Software Engineer (Common Services), Angular experience required, for a direct hire opportunity with our client located in Herndon, VA.
We are seeking a Java full stack engineer with UX/UI experience using Angula that is willing and able to learn other technologies, new, existing, and old. Then apply this desire and experience in a large data centric environment to support our mission and vision. In this role, you conduct analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of database-driven application programs. You will assist the development team in providing comprehensive support for existing and new applications, and offer expertise regarding methods, standards, and technical considerations for software applications.
Our client is planning on modernizing its application portfolio to be hosted in a hybrid cloud environment from its current on-premise environment. This modernization effort will also include migrating to an open source technology stack. This position works in an Agile/Scrum environment where the focus is on the teamwork and ownership of each project. The ideal incumbent has a drive for learning new things and is passionate about engineering end-to-end technical solutions. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality are essential.
- Analyze, design, develop, test, and debug web and/or cloud based multi-tier database-driven Java applications and components to support business requirements. Testing is inclusive of automated testing as part of an automated test suite which has been adopted by the development team.
- Any code developed is expected to conform to defensive coding practices that supports the OWASP Top 10 and is evaluated for security (e.g., cross site scripting, SQL injection) and improper coding practices by tools from the Burp Suite, SonarQube and Fortify.
- Collaborate with project team members to deliver technical solutions.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Develop and optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability. Applications may have performance SLAs that must be met.
- Create and maintain technical and knowledgebase documentation.
- Diagnose problems, troubleshoot, and develop technical solutions.
- Solve problems independently with minimal technical or managerial guidance.
- Support production issues as required.
- Demonstrate competencies, which align with our corporate value.
- Core Competencies include: Customer Focus, Optimizes Work Processes, Collaborates, Communicates Effectively, and Be Open and Authentic
- Manager will provide more detail to candidates as needed.
Position may be required to perform other duties as required. These essential functions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field. A combination of education and experience, including through military service will also be considered.
- 4-7 years of related experience including:
- Agile/Scrum procedures and processes.
- UI, Mobile/Front end technology (HTML5, CSS, Responsive design, JS frameworks).
- Production support experience in an application development environment.
- MVC frameworks and multi-tier architectures.
- Java EE application server.
- 2-3 years of UI/UX development experience using Angular 2 or higher versions.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written, verbal, and Interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of working effectively both in a team environment and independently.
- Working knowledge of responsive design techniques for acceptable page rendering regardless of device.
- Live within a commutable distance of Herndon, VA.
- Demonstrated experience with:
- Full Stack Spring and Hibernate.
- XML and Web Service application development.
- Spring, ORM and REST API frameworks.
- Developing code that runs effectively and efficiently in the AWS environment.
- Migrating applications from on premise data center to cloud infrastructure.
- Developing cloud-based applications using open source technology, containers, and microservices.
- Software such as Okta, Postgres, Docker, Kubernetes, or AWS products.
- Working in large data centric application environment and detailed understanding business tier modeling, data flows, data architecture and real-time/batch-based processing.
- Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) and related components.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Identity Management and Oracle Access Manager.
- Certification as an AWS Developer.
- Applications that are externally facing must conform to usability guidelines such as Section 508 or WCAG 2.0 AA guidelines. Experience with developing user interfaces in accordance with these guidelines and with testing using tools, such as JAWS, is desirable.
- Familiar with cloud-based application development using AWS or similar platforms.
- Use of a computer for 8 or more hours a day.
- Use of a copy machine and telephone.
- Frequently required to sit for 7 or more hours per day in close proximity to others in an open office environment.
- Occasionally required to use hands and fingers to operate, handle, and reach.
- Vision abilities include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Travel via car, train and airplane when needed.
- Occasional overtime and work on weekends may be necessary to support production deployment.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of this position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary; other duties may be assigned as necessary. Background Check and Drug Screen may be required for this position.
If you are interested in other positions with Talascend, please visit our website at www.talascend.com.  ;
Talascend is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
Senior Software Developer / Engineer