Software Engineer (Application Development), Embedded Infotainment Platform
As a Software Engineer, for embedded platforms you will have the unique opportunity to join a growing team focused on re-defining the transportation experience, as we know it today. You will be challenged with developing innovative solutions which solve difficult and ambiguous real world issues.
Responsibilities: As an Application Software Engineer, you will
- Work with Product Managers and architects to understand the requirements of the project and develop solutions, which meet those requirements.
- Identify opportunities to increase the velocity of your efforts and the wider team.
- Participate in architectural and code reviews when necessary
- C++ Java (embedded systems) Android Studio Agile (SCRUM, SAFe, Kanban)
- Experience Required:
- 1+ years C/C++ software development experience on embedded, infotainment platforms, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms
- 2+ years’ Java software development experience on embedded, infotainment platforms, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms
- 2+ years experience software development experience for Android
- 1+ years experience with developing software leveraging Agile concepts such as SCRUM, SAFe, Kanban, etc.
- 2+ years C/C++ software development experience on embedded, infotainment platforms, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms
- 4+ years’ Java software development experience on embedded, infotainment platforms, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms
- 3+ years experience software development experience for Android
- 2+ years experience with developing software leveraging Agile concepts
- 3+ years using Android Studio
- Familiar with eXtreme Programming (XP) practices including:
- Pair/Mob programming
- Test-first/Test Driven Development (TDD)
- In-depth knowledge of C/C++ language on Unix based systems and/or Java
- Proficiency with revision control including Git, Subversion, or equivalent
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, or equivalent
- 1+ years Multi-site software project team experience
- Familiarity with GitHub or equivalent source control repositories and Build Tools
- Highly effective in working with other technical experts, Product Managers, UI/UX Designers and business stakeholders
- Capable in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools and pipelines such as Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.
- Experience in development of microservices.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools and pipelines
- Experience with CA Agile Central (Rally), backlogs, iterations, user stories, or similar Agile Tools. Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related
Altair Engineering Inc. is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of product design and development, high performance cloud computing, and data intelligence. We enable organizations across broad industry segments to compete more effectively in a connected world while creating a more sustainable future. We believe a critical component of our success has been our company culture, based on our core values of innovation, envisioning the future, communicating honestly and broadly, seeking technology and business firsts, and embracing diversity. With more than 2,800 employees, Altair is headquartered in Troy, Michigan, USA and operates 81 offices throughout 25 countries. Altair serves more than 8,000 customers across broad industry segments. Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering. To learn more please visit www.altair.com