Waybetter is a higher education enrollment marketing consultancy. We help colleges and universities recruit more best-fit students by architecting sound enrollment strategies and then implementing and executing hyper-personalized, data-informed marketing campaigns. Our current client roster is representative of the diversity across the higher education landscape and includes some of the best and most highly regarded institutions in the country.
As part of the Waybetter Platforms team, you’ll be reimagining and rebuilding a cloud-based EdTech platform that provides full visibility into the student’s higher education journey.
You’ll design and build a graph that matches students to great colleges and universities.
You’ll be Waybetter’s first dedicated data engineer and will be hands-on designing and deploying systems for data capture, storage, and transformation that will turn the college enrollment process from bewildering to obvious. Our critical path is to transport data across multiple APIs in parallel to and from massive data clusters.
- You build analytics tools with the end goal of providing actionable information
- You are familiar with the challenges associated with large-scale data collection, storage and transformation in production, and your designs and implementations reflect that understanding
- You are an advanced user of the AWS platform (e.g. CloudFormation+SAM, CloudFront, CloudWatch, Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, EMR, Lex), but take advantage of offerings from Azure and Google as well
- You have worked with fast data platforms such as Airflow, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Spark, and Hive
- You appreciate that engineering is all about tradeoffs and realize there is a time and place for streaming, batch, and offline
- You can’t stop identifying internal process improvements and automations while optimizing data delivery and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience and your degree in Computer Science is a plus
- You understand that great engineering teams are built upon relationships, just as much as they are built on awesome code
- Most importantly: You’re awesome. The above describes your mindset, but maybe not all your skills
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We are unable to sponsor employment visas.
Why You Want To Work At Waybetter
We’re a small, agile company poised for significant growth (we’ve grown by 30% in the last two years alone). We are revenue positive and funneling it back into technology. Our salary and benefits are competitive. We work really hard but also believe in a healthy work-life balance. Helping colleges and universities market to prospective students is a truly rewarding experience. Our clients are genuinely grateful for what we do.
The Waybetter Platforms is a remote first team. Even if you work from our Columbia headquarters, you’ll interact through the asynchronous channels that drive a geographical diverse team.
- Competitive salary + bonus
- Health insurance
- 401(k) with a guaranteed 3% profit sharing
- 15 days PTO plus company holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Work from anywhere within the contiguous United States
- Professional development stipend
- Free snacks
Learn more about Waybetter: https://www.waybettermarketing.com/