Crestron is the world's leading manufacturer of advanced control and automation systems, innovating technology and reinventing the way people live and work. Offering integrated solutions to control audio, video, computer, IP and environmental systems, Crestron streamlines technology, improving the quality of life for people in corporate boardrooms, conference rooms, classrooms, auditoriums, and in their homes.
Crestron's leadership stems from its dedicated people who are committed to providing the best products, programs and services in the industry. This culmination of loyalty, devotion and innovation is what our dealers refer to as "The Crestron Experience."
The Device Drivers and Interfaces team is in search of a Senior Software Engineer to join our team as we continue to expand the number of devices supported in the Crestron commercial and residential ecosystems. The team is responsible for architecting, designing, developing and supporting the Device Drivers and Interfaces that enable Crestron and third party devices.
Our tech stack is C# on .NET compact framework and mono. We follow Agile scrum methodologies, using JIRA and Jama daily.
As a senior software engineer on the Device Drivers and Interfaces team, you will be responsible for working alongside the software engineering teams to develop and support device drivers. This includes:
- Building world class drivers and software to support customers using our products and third party A/V devices in their businesses and homes
- Providing technical leadership to ensure architectural and design correctness.
- Performing system performance analysis – identify improvements, architectural design and/or implementation changes to support system performance goals
- Analyzing product requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Practicing test-driven development and creating unit tests
- Working with Technology Management teams to define new products and ensure engineering feasibility
- Creating technical solutions to complex problems
- Peer reviewing / code inspection of peer development
- Creating excellent documentation
- Developing Crestron SIMPL / SIMPL# modules and control system software
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in software development with a history in contributing to the technical success of complex deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with C#.NET
- Software architecture and design experience
- Knowledge of low level IP communications
- History of teamwork and willing to work alongside other teams to get the job done
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage competing tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communicator across teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation and improvement is desired
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with unit test, databases, JIRA, TeamCity, Jama, and/or release processes is a plus
If you have the background and experience to make a difference on our team, hit that apply button. We want to hear from you!
Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship
BenefitsAt Crestron Electronics, we offer a competitive total compensation package including medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. 401K with company contribution, Paid Vacation, Holidays and more!
We have new onsite state of the art fitness and wellness centers at our Headquarters in Rockleigh, NJ.
Any agency submittal to any and all employees of Crestron Electronics, Inc by any method of communication will be deemed, the sole property of Crestron Electronics Inc.