Veritude is seeking a skilled Senior Software Engineer / Developer to play a key role designing, developing and maintaining JEE-based web applications. This position is based in Durham, NC
- Day to day responsibilities require significant lean and agile software development experience running team meetings, scrum iterations, AGILE projects in a fast paced financial analytics environment.
- Be able to focus strong technical experience and project management skills to ensure software product development is delivered on time and of the highest quality.
- Foster teamwork and a spirit of collaboration among team members and business partners while conveying a sense of urgency and responsiveness to meet business needs.
- Contribute to or write concise and clear technical specifications based on analysis of complex business requirements
- Driving product delivery through building innovative web services utilizing Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD), supporting your solution from Development through to Production.
- Analyzing, describing, and modeling new and existing business and technology processes with a primary focus on how these processes manipulate and use the data
- Responsible for coordinating multiple development work streams through integration and ensures architecture is scalable and extensible
- Capable of completing OOD and development of the most complex components of the application
- Define, maintain and support Java development environment and best practices such as Maven, Sonar, and other Open Source tools
- Plays a key role in resolving technical roadblocks involving multiple technologies
- Continually improve quality of development team deliverables
- Ensures code reviews, unit testing and integration testing is completed efficiently and effectively
- Help coordinate the delivery of technical components across internal/external technical teams.
- Provide technical leadership to more junior team members of the team
- Contribute to process-improvement initiatives in an effort to maximize velocity for the product team
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of software development experience
Skills and Knowledge
- 5+ years total OO development experience
- 5+ years of JEE development experience
- 2+ years of Web Services development experience
- Strong verbal and written communications, must be able to actively engage other team members
- Hands-on experience working within an agile (scrum, XP or similar) development environment
- Experience implementing functionality using the following technologies/concepts:
- Service Oriented Architecture
- SOAP / JSON / WSDL / XSD / Swagger
- Spring Platform
- Development builds tools (Maven / Ant)
- Testing frameworks (JUnit, Mockito, Spring Test, etc.)
- Software Quality frameworks (Sonar, PMD, Findbugs, Checkstyle)
- Relational databases (Oracle)
- Strong grasp of object oriented design patterns, including those introduced by the Gang of Four and Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture sources
- Ability to multi-task, manage time and priorities, and meet scheduled deadlines
- Experience with Git preferred
- Knowledge of Financial Planning applications preferred