As a Software Engineer with the Authorities & Metadata Services group, you will build authoritative information on entities (people, courts, orgs, and others) so that we have one source of truth for the information that is used by Thomson Reuters products. This group will use leading edge technologies including AWS, Cloud, Lambda, Step Functions, Glue, Aurora & Python.
- Participate in project/work planning sessions to analyze requirements
- Understand requirements to the level of being able to contribute to their creation, in collaboration with capability/product and/or business owners
- Develop and integrate applications per specifications
- Translate technical requirements into application code and modules
- Make modifications to existing applications and modules in accordance with specifications
- Create or modify and test application modules, ensuring application meets needs of business
- Facilitate code reviews of own work and participate in code reviews of peers
- Support operational teams with system maintenance, such as upgrading, fall back, troubleshooting, etc
- Approach work with a DevOps and continuous improvement mindset
- Keep up-to-date with emerging cloud technology trends
- Work in a highly collaborative and dynamic agile team environment with multiple levels of technology staff across various geographical locations
- Apply principles of trust, transparency, accountability and ownership
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent experience
- Previous internship experience preferred
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and development and design patterns
- Excellent and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
Preferred (but not required) Experience
- AWS(Lambda,dynamo db, aurora, cloud formation, Code pipeline, API gateway, S3 , SQS , SNS)
- Proficiency in Java development frameworks.
- Experience with large scale data processing systems
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python, Perl or UNIX/Shell
- Experience with Automated Unit Testing and Test driven development
- Experience in working with Devops model
- Container technologies such as Docker, AWS ECS, Kubernetes
- Experience in data streaming with Kafka or AWS Kinesis
- Experience with Linux or Unix
- Experience building API's (SOAP and/or REST)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America