Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The IT Digital Buy Department has an opening for a Software Engineer, eCommerce Order Management. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for leading product development initiatives, technology strategy, and architecture in the exciting world of eCommerce Order Management. Acting as a team member and providing the team with leadership in designing and developing backend frameworks in Java including security, configuration management, logging standards, etc. The technical lead possesses in-depth knowledge of server-side Java along with familiarity with best practices for developing micro services, and expertise with cloud first architectures.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• You will be working on technical aspects of backlog, being a hands-on contributor on software development of micro services, APIs, developing backend frameworks in Java including security, configuration management, logging standards, etc.
• You will also provide technical leadership, architecture & design of the solution, analysis & defining success criteria of the release, release planning, epic breakdown and task creation in the backlog, backlog grooming and managing the sprint.
• Provide direction and support to the Delivery/Development teams to ensure adherence with the architectural direction, determine implications of any deviations, and agree on any deviations as needed.
• Lead product development, agile team structure, with 2 weeks sprints
• 4+ years of strong experience on design & development on Java technology stack Java 8, Spring Boot, Microservices, Spring MVC, REST JSON, SQL, JUNIT, Git, Maven, SQL
• Proven track record of leading high performing product teams.
• Involvement in the full software development life cycle with stringent needs on time to market, & quality of product
• Practical & proven experience working on huge transaction processing-based software products
• Lead and contribute to the implementation, customization & maintenance of software products
• Expert knowledge on Core Java and experience in Java object-oriented programming and integration in a PCF/Azure cloud environment
• Work with distributed team in highly collaborative environment
• Strong communication and technical skills
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly
• Have a passion for developing products and having fun doing it
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled