This role is based in El Segundo, CA, but is also open as a remote work from home position for candidates that are willing to work within business hours of the PST / PDT time zone.
ONEHOPE Wine is a Napa Valley Winery whose technology platform powers a purpose-driven community of over 5,000 Cause Entrepreneurs to share wine and give hope through wine tasting experiences nationwide. To date weâ€™ve donated over $5M to charitable causes and helped non-profit organizations raise tens of millions of dollars through events and wine sponsorships.
As a Software Engineer, youâ€™ll be playing a critical role shaping and shipping our first products while laying the technical foundations for our long-term aspirations.
ONEHOPE is backed by some of the best investors and business builders in the world, including our co-chairman Joe Lonsdale (co-founder of Palantir and 8VC), co-chairman Erik Anderson (CEO of Top Golf and West River Group), board member Jennifer Justice (The Justice Department), Sr. Advisor Richelle Parham (CMO of eBay), Wes Chan (Google Analytics and Voice founder and Felicis Ventures) and Ken Howery (co-founder of PayPal and the Founder's Fund).
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end.
- Build delightful user experiences using Gatsby, React, GraphQL, and TypeScript
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems using NodeJS, PostgreSQL, and TypeScript with production monitoring and observability.
- Iterate rapidly on features, tooling, and processes as we launch the first versions of new products.
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
Weâ€™re looking for someone who:
- Has 4 years of experience as a generalist working on both the frontend and backend.
- Has strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and system design
- Can debug complex problems across the whole stack
- Holds themselves and others to a high bar when deploying to production
Whatâ€™s it like to work at ONEHOPE?
We hire generalists with broad technical skills and from a wide variety of backgrounds. We think of problems and their solutions through a first principles perspective. Each member pulls their own weight and is a bar raiser in their own way.
We are a tight knit team of dedicated, smart, and kind people who work hard but also donâ€™t take themselves too seriously. We enjoy spending time together and lifting each other up. We value performance and results but we care just as much about hiring authentically good people. We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other colleagues in the short-term and pushing them to grow their skill sets over the long-term.
Our tech product team is pivotal in taking our company to the next levels. Our engineers are focused on building a tech platform that will enable ONEHOPE to become the largest direct-to-consumer wine brand in the world, while simultaneously driving ONEHOPEâ€™s enterprise value to $1B and increasing our ability to empower people to make the world a better place.
Powered by JazzHR