We are recruiting for a Software Engineer for a client in Hampton, VA. The Software Engineer will develop and test Java, C++, and Python code and will work with a multi-disciplinary team to develop, extend, and operationalize government big data and cloud architecture ISR processing systems.
- BS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline and at least 8 years of related experience.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information: active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Experience with Linux software development (5+ years) using Systems Engineering principles.
- Development capabilities using a compiled language such as C/C++ or Java.
- Experience building, installing, and configuring software from source code and pre-built packages including debugging installation and configuration issues.
- Shell scripting skills
- Experience developing in Python
- Sound working knowledge of developing software for cloud environments including on-prem, hybrid, or commercial.Experience with the following software:Accumulo Apache, NiFiAtlassian, MySQL. ZooKeeper
- Ability to write technical documentation (including the use of UML/SysML).
- Familiarity with CMMI Level 3 or greater environments.
- Valid Security+ certification.