Project Title: Software Engineer
Location: Hopkins, MN.
Contract: 12 Months.
Skills Required: Automation 2-4 Yrs, Business Requirements 2-4 Yrs, Implementation 2-4 Yrs, Java 2-4 Yrs, jQuery 2-4, Mobile 2-4 Yrs, Ruby 2-4 Yrs, Technical Requirements 2-4 Yrs, Training 2-4 Yrs, VMware 2-4 Yrs.
Describe in detail 4-5 major position responsibilities/duties, not tasks, listing the most important first.
No duty should have a percentage less than 5% and all duties should add to 100%
75% Software Development
• Be creative, be collaborative, be interested, be driven
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code
• Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
• Participate in a dynamic development environment where solutions evolve daily as customer demands emerge over time.
• Implement modern engineering practices to ensure product quality (e.g., test automation, CI/CD practices), where appropriate.
• Participate in identification of solution options to meet customer and technical requirements
• Provide hands-on designs, prototypes, and implementations incorporating software engineering best practices, tools and monitoring according to industry best practices.
15% Business Analysis and Partnering
• Regularly interface with architects, analysts, process designers, business SMEs, and users to understand and evaluate business requirements.
• Where appropriate, be an advocate for sound decision making, in the spirit of empowering your colleagues and team to pursue the best technology choices possible given the constraints we ask you to
Minimum Required Qualifications
• High School Diploma or GED
• 2+ years in the software engineering and IT Solution Delivery
• Experience with Continuous Integration & Delivery practices (Jenkins, XLDeploy, Drone, etc.)
• Knowledge of public cloud services (AWS, preferably) and API's
• Experience in an agile environment – focused on advocacy and puritan beliefs
• Ability to travel up to 10%
• Undergraduate in the sciences or arts, with training certifications in software development.
• Undergraduate or masters in computer science or related field
• Experience with mobile development technologies such as: Xamarin, Swift, jQuery, Bootstrap, Iconic, etc.
• Experience with at least one Cloud Platform and Automation including: AWS, Azure, Google, VMWare, OpenStack, etc.
• Experience with at least one configuration technology including: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.