The Software Engineer I role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of the achievement of Patterson software requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Software Engineer I will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the development life cycle.
- Collaborate with clients, developers, and other team members in the conceptualization and development of new or existing software applications.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Help research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users and stakeholders.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as directed.
- Execute software testing on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors and general debugging.
Agile Team Work
- Participate in defining software development plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Perform program turnover to production support and customers upon completion of development, testing, and documentation.
- Provide Level 2 support for incoming incident tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues.
- Partner with others in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, Business, or area of functional responsibility preferred
- At least 1 year of programming experience preferred.
- Knowledge of all aspects of application development and project life cycles, including Agile applications
- Understanding of coding methods and best practices
- Database and operating systems experience
- Demonstrated knowledge in object oriented programming and design
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products
Patterson Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.