This role reports to Software Development Manager and works closely with the Software Development Team to create and maintain software applications. Application experience specific to this position includes, but is not limited to, full stack Java software development. This position will be responsible for designing, building, testing and supporting business applications in coordination with the corporate departments and operational users.
This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to grow and work with a broad array of technology. The candidate must be able to learn and ultimately own new technology while at the same time identify ways to improve it in a cost-efficient and secure manner.
The ability to maintain professional, friendly communication during each customer interaction whether face to face or via remote support is an absolute must.
Train staff, maintain and upgrade system functionality to support the day-to-day business departments with appropriate application solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer Service Desk related issues and resolve promptly
- Work with external vendors and internal applications administrators, ensuring that computer systems meet corporate quality standards and conform to industry practices
- Analyze systems and determine how these systems can meet client needs
- Report security settings, changes, and issues to application owners
- Perform other duties as assigned
- The employee must be detail-oriented and organized
- The employee must demonstrate effective time management
- This position requires the employee to understand verbal and written instructions
- The employee must have the ability to complete tasks promptly as well as the ability to meet deadlines when applicable to ensure proper implementation and project completion
- The employee is required to communicate and work effectively with other employees
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities
- The employee must have extensive knowledge of all company applications
- This position requires the employee to be familiar MS Office, and all Mission Essential computer applications, software, hardware and operating systems
- Position requires dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer and computer components, repetitive motion required
- The employee is required to sit for the majority of the working hours, and complete tasks electronically
- The employee must be able to analyze data and figures and have close visual acuity viewing a computer terminal
- The employee is required to be on call and work long hours
- This position requires occasional travel
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- One to Three (1-3) years of relevant work experience
- Strong understanding of relational databases (SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- Comfortable using Git
- Experience with Unit/Functional Testing.
- Experience with Custom Reporting tools such as SSRS and/or COGNOS.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration Tools (TeamCity/TravisCI/Jenkins).
- Implementation Experience preferred.
- Active or the ability to obtain a Government approved Secret clearance preferred
$70,518 - $88,163 /year
Software Developer / Engineer
Software Developer / Engineer
What this is