Primary Location: United States (US)- Iowa - Johnston
Function: Information Technology
Title: Software Engineer II (50839794)- 69086
As a Software Engineer at John Deere Financial in Johnston, IA, you will be responsible for designing, developing, coding end to end customer and/or dealer facing financing solutions. In addition, you will:
- Evaluate, design and implement solutions to improve cost, quality, and performance of software applications
- Collaborate with other relevant stakeholders and team members to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
- Execute necessary documentation, as directed, or needed
- Follow industry-standard agile software design methodology for development and documentation
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position
Proven Technical Skills and Experiences
- Proven experience in the design, development, testing and integration of complex software solutions leveraging change management processes
- Understanding of infrastructure as code using terraform or CloudFormation
- Understanding of AWS services such as Lambda, CloudFront, API Gateway, etc.
- Proven experience leveraging DevSecOps and lean development principles such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery such as GitHub and Jenkins
- Experience with software test automation (TDD and Unit Testing Frameworks: Junit, Mockito, Cucumber, Cypress)
- Proven experience working in an Agile/Scrum team environment
- Working understanding of design patterns
Interpersonal, Leadership and Teaming Competencies
- Passionate, creative and have the desire to learn new complex technical areas
- Accountable, curious and collaborative
- Maniacal about product quality and takes pride in your craft
- Skilled in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Proven experience working in a team environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click hereto find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.