The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is seeking a Cloud Site Reliability Engineer to provide support and development for a complex payment system. This role is responsible for application reliability, availability and resilience through use of Automation, Continuous improvement, chaos engineering and support of software solutions within a Cloud environment. This position will require working with current subject matter experts to build knowledge of technologies and develop a solid understanding of the business application. Qualified candidates will bring "classic ops" experience as well as solid programming expertise in complex and dynamic circumstances.
- Contributor in the analysis, design, and implementation of enterprise technology solutions for complex projects, utilizing broad industry awareness and expertise.
- Proficient at contributing to alternative analysis, including assisting with researching vendor solutions, development platforms, third-party frameworks, and best practices.
- Proficient skill at implementing complex systems and software components, in compliance with industry and System standards, which meet customer needs and expectations with respect to key project/product performance measures, quality, schedule, and cost.
- Requires the ability to independently design, develop, and document solutions, while adhering to all applicable standards (e.g architectural, coding, security).
- Proficient at analyzing business requirements and creating technical designs and specifications for independent implementation. Seeks guidance and mentoring from lead staff during the implementation phase, to ensure implementations meet design specifications and adhere to established standards.
- Proficient skill at creating estimates, work breakdown structures, and resource assignments on assigned development tasks. Collaboratively works with leads to incorporate development activities into master delivery schedule.
- Advanced skill at consulting with customers in a support role or when assisting more senior level staff in the formulation of technology strategies in collaboration with business partners.
- Develops strong partnerships and relationships with business customers and key stakeholders.
- Proficient at leading by example and routinely demonstrates high performance in the areas of customer service, collaboration, team work, and reliability.
- Advanced skill at communicating status and progress on assignments. Raises issues and risks in a timely fashion and effectively contributes to mitigating activities.
- Provide on call production support for a critical application.