MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal making our customers successful.
The Software Engineer IIdesigns and develops software applications for distribution to external customers and is responsible for coding and debugging engineering/scientific or business management applications by performing the following duties:
- Design, code, test and debug new software utilizing technologies for the project assigned. This typically includes Microsoft technologies specifically: C#, .NET Framework, WPF, XAML, C, C++, and other development tools and languages as required
- Collaborate with Product Management, Software Quality Assurance, and other development teams to ensure that solutions are efficient, consistent and fulfill business needs
- Work in an Agile software development environment (using Scrum), participating in daily scrum meetings, monthly retrospective and planning meetings
- Participate in requirements reviews
- Refactor existing software
- Apply generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation
- Participate in design and design reviews
- Able to independently design quality solutions for small to medium features
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, trigonometry, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills:To perform this job successfully, an individual should have solid knowledge and experience in software design and development utilizing technologies for the project assigned and consistent with the team. This typically includes using design patterns, Object Oriented Design, C#, .NET Framework, SQL Database, C, C++, and other development tools and languages as required. Strong experience with Microsoft Visual Studio.
Education:Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
Experience: Two plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.