The Advanced Imager Technology Group provides state of the art imager technology throughout the DOD and Scientific communities. Odyssey Systems is in need of a Software Engineer II to help build an infrastructure that can be used to evaluate and characterize next-generation Geiger-mode Avalanche Photodiodes (GmAPD) and Digital Focal Plane (DFPA) Arrays
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Domains: Software/application design, development, and support; coder; web interface; graphic design; system configuration management; system troubleshooting.
• Design, develop, and support technical programs utilizing modern software engineering techniques, programming tools, and support processes for community program managers and technical staff.
• Participate in defining, describing and implementing program deliverables/functionalities.
• Evaluate and propose use of open source and commercial software, frameworks, and tools where applicable.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance
• MS plus 3 years minimum experience, or BS plus 5 years minimum experience
• Developing, debugging, and executing software in a Windows and Linux environment.
• Specifying, developing, and verifying models and simulations.
• Scientific data analysis and data reduction (MATLAB/Python)
• Active Secret Clearance
• Experience with software configuration management.
• Formal software development processes, software architecture, and VV&A processes, including for example CMMI and DoD VV&A.
• Software validation.
• Experience with JSON, Protobuf, and SQL-based databases.
• Embedded Programming for Xilinx FPGA/SOC
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Memberships
- Life Insurance
- On Site Cafeteria
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid sick days
- Military Leave
- Professional Development
- Retirement / Pension Plans