Duquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Job Family: Information Technology
Discipline: Software Engineers
Department: Corporate Applications
FLSA Status: Exempt
Under general direction, leads developers from a technical standpoint to design and build solutions based on business needs. Role typically requires between 5 years of experience.
- Work with business to design solutions
- Work with BAs on developing business cases
- Determine resource needs based on needs
- Work with other tech leads to keep architecture inline across systems
- Perform code reviews for systems within their portfolio
- Define deployment processes (CI/CD)
- Manage Change Management process
- Manage incoming production defects with Business Relationship Manager
- Learn new technologies/patterns
- Build Proof of Concepts/Prototypes to see how new technologies to see how they fit here at DLC
- Help write code when needed
- Other duties as assigned to include: Documentation, team meetings, project work as assigned and other administrative tasks.
Does not supervise others.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. With 5 years of relevant experience. Certifications are often desired
Primary focus is on daily deliverables, outputs and reporting. Typically accountable for managing one’s own time and work flow. Responsibilities are generally tactical in nature and work is typically of moderate to complex in nature requiring the incumbent to draw on previous knowledge to perform role. Continues to build knowledge base but has a solid foundation to act independently the majority of the time. Still draws on experts and managers when needed but less frequently.
Problems and issues faced are vague. Draws on past experience on a regular basis. Accountable for direct level of reasoning and decision making.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.