Title: Senior Engineer
Duration: 6 Month Contract to Hire
Location: Boca Raton, FL
This position is for a software engineer on a Product Development Team. This product is a high profile regulatory compliance product within the client: a key product for our international market.
The product performs screening of billions of customer accounts on a monthly basis; performance and stability are the key! The environment is very fast paced, the candidate must be a very fast learner and be able to quickly adapt to the changes. Duties will range from developing new product enhancements to maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Fast Learner
- Remain positive in difficult/stressful situations
- Motivated for career growth
- Production issue troubleshooting
- Communicate with technical support, testing team and product teams
- Maintenance of existing application / new feature development
- Must be a team player and work well within the current team of 25 developers
- Experience with SCRUM processes
Experience (US only) and Education
- 3-5+ years of Software Engineering experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Web 2.0 Application Development
- C# .NET MVC
- C# WCF / SOAP Services
- jQuery / Bootstrap
optional: React, Angular, Knockout
- Entity Framework and Dapper
- BDD using Specflow Framework
- GIT source control
- Advanced SQL knowledge (MySQL & SQL Server), SQL query troubleshooting experience
- Windows Services
- Basic Windows Server Administration
- Continuous Integration Software (Jenkins / Hudson), Deployments, PowerShell Scripting
- Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- Be part of a Feature SCRUM Team
- Work closely with other SCRUM members and teams to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Mentor less-senior software developers on development methodologies and optimization techniques. Give them opportunities to grow professionally.
- Perform complex research, design, and software development tasks within a specific business functional area or product line
- Provide direct input to project plans, schedules and methodology while developing cross-functional software products
- Parsing and understanding of log file (IIS, Application, Event Viewer, etc.)
ELK experience is a big plus.
- Lead by example!
- All other duties as required by the team.
- Good knowledge of the WEB MVC software architecture and software system architecture in general
- Solid knowledge of SCRUM development methodology
- Strong knowledge in industry best practices in development
- Ability to work well with internal and external technology resources
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178