Title: Software Engineer III
Job Location: Peterson AFB (Colorado Springs, CO)
Program:COBRA DANE radar operates in the L-band frequency and maintains Space Situational Awareness (SSA) and Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) missions. COBRA DANE is responsible for initially locating enemy missiles as they clear the horizon. After the incoming threats have been detected and confirmed, COBRA DANE sends track data to the GFC/C node, which will send the information to other system elements, including the ground-based interceptor missiles. The missile defense mission will run concurrently with the existing space surveillance mission at this site.
The position will work on the upgrade that improves mid-course Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) sensor coverage by providing acquisition, tracking, object classification and data that can be used for the cuing, launch of interceptor missiles, and course updates of interceptors while retaining the site’s legacy intelligence and space track missions.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Provide technical expertise to enhance and modernize mission capabilities and assist the government in managing and executing developed agile software deliveries
- Represent government interests by performing Agile Product Owner roles and responsibilities
- Participate in strategic planning with the contractor team(s) to identify prioritized content for sprints.
- Engage developers to improve Agile software development processes and tools as a trusted advisor and consultant to the government on technical and engineering matters
- Perform software design and code reviews and Software Quality Assurance (SQA) to ensure that developed software meets and complies with defined or standardized quality specifications
- Perform software technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, supportability and effectiveness analysis for the radar
- Determine the operational feasibility of the developer’s solutions by evaluating problem definition, requirements, analysis, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Perform other software engineering and documentation tasks as assigned
- BA/BS and 10 years of relevant experience, 3 of which must be in the DoD
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Understanding of agile software development, software configuration management, testing, software assurance, and continuous integration/continuous pipeline workflows
- Ability to work independently and apply the proper procedures and processes related to the area of expertise
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot various situations to develop successful outcomes within established program/project guidelines
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience in executing agile software development, software configuration management, testing, software assurance, and continuous integration/continuous deployment
- Familiarity with Cybersecurity, Information Technology, and Information Assurance requirements to include the application of Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Experience with Java, C++, C, Java, and SQL
- Must be willing/able to travel as required (approx. 10-20%)
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Gym Memberships
- On Site Cafeteria
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Professional Development
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid sick days
- Employee Referral Program
- Life Insurance
- Military Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts