Great HealthWorks is a vertically integrated, direct response marketing company, engaged in the marketing, sales, and distribution of premium natural health-related products and supplements through all forms of media. We are committed to the health and wellness of our consumers and fully dedicated to extraordinary service for our customers.
The Software Engineer III is responsible for developing mobile & web applications, websites, backend systems, and attributed services as well as identifying opportunities to trial and deploy new capabilities and tools to keep current with technology.
- Utilize understanding of Magento 2 code structure and extension architecture to develop sound technical strategies.
- Optimize and troubleshoot application code and Magento 2 core features.
- Work with Magento 2 modules, complex architecture, and business logic.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, concise and commented code
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Obtain software licenses by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Work closely with peers and team members in a matrixed environment
- Test product in controlled, real world situations before going live
- Prepare training manuals and documentation for users
- Maintain systems/applications
- Evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends, and best practices
- Other duties as assigned by management
Minimum Experience, Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science preferred or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of experience as a software engineer in the Magento 2 platform; demonstrated success developing a variety of software systems while taking on increasing responsibility for analysis, design, implementation and deployment tasks
- 5 years of experience developing data-driven applications utilizing relational and non-relational database engines as part of the overall application architecture (experience with any or all of the following is highly desirable: MariaDB, MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB/NoSQL)
- Experience writing PHP (including associated frameworks)
- Experience with JSON, XML, AJAX and jQuery
- Experience with Microservice/Service Oriented Architectures
- Experience working with/developing CRMs/ERPs or other complex enterprise applications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the Magento 2 framework or PHP based frameworks and CMS/eCommerce systems
- Knowledge of REST API development, deployment, security, and maintenance
- Ability to apply skills, policies, and procedures learned to complete assignments of extensive scope and complexity (company-wide initiatives)
- Able to peer review and provide concise feedback to fellow developers
- Able to uphold department code quality standards in order to maintain code clarity and consistency.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, including team and partnership building
- Must be a self-starter, proactive, assertive and able to express ideas in a variety of atmospheres
- Demonstrated proficiency in translating high level requirements into functional and technical specifications
- Able to work in a fast paced, multi-project environment
- Must possess strong analytical and technical skills
- Able to follow the direction of multiple individuals, depending upon the projects assigned