Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us.
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Software Engineer in Test AKA Test Engineer – Hypergrowth Fintech/Payments Startup
Location: You can either work in San Francisco or Santa Clara (whichever you prefer)
This company’s product is a B2B payments platform. The company is in hypergrowth; revenues have multiplied year over year, and the company grew from about 20 employees in June 2019 to over 50 a few months later. The company has many openings, including multiple openings for Test Engineers (from jr. to sr. level), and has 2 offices in the Bay Area so that it can hire rapidly.
The company will offer salary up to $180k as well as equity which could be lucrative.
- Designing automated test suites which are reliable, fast, maintainable, and thorough.
- Representing customers’ interests and setting the bar for what is acceptable quality to be released publicly
- Coding automated tests, building out testing infrastructure, and developing frameworks and tools that will empower the Engineering organization to be able to consistently test often.
- Collaborating closely with the Agile team of Front End Engineers, Backend Engineers, and Product Managers
- Defining automation strategies to support testing of new UI and API-based features
- Working with the development team on integrating test suites into the Continuous Integration system
- Collaborating with the Customer Support team to understand frequent issues and incorporate them into new test scenarios
- Working with the Operations team to investigate production issues and perform root cause analysis
- Advocating for and educating other engineering teams on test design and implementation
- Functional testing experience with web products, testing RESTful JSON APIs
- Solid knowledge of UI Workflow Automation patterns
- Expertise with modern frameworks such as Selenium, Postman, Spock, JMeter, etc
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Passion for your craft and for building products that will meet your customers’ needs
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and documentation skills
- Open, direct, and honest communication
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Commitment to coding best practices including code reviews and unit testing
- Passion for learning and constant improvement
Nice to Have:
- Experience in an early to mid stage startup
- Experience working in fintech and/or payments
- Experience testing for cross-browser compatibility
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here: