As a Business Applications Quality Engineer for our Commerce team, you will engage early in the software development process, map business flows to automated tests, attending usability sessions, and discussing software design and testability with software engineers, to ensure high quality of our software. You will act as a liaison for quality issues, develop written technical test plans, create and run specific test scenarios, and develop automated regression test suites. In addition, you will help identify, document and implement improvement in both systems and processes.
- Design and develop test plans based upon functional and design specifications
- Map business flows to automated tests
- Create and maintain automated test suites, and perform hands-on testing of cloud-based web applications
- Actively participate in functional, system and regression testing activities
- Analyze and report bugs, and work with software engineers to resolve them
- Participate in functional reviews, test specifications, documentation and code review
- Participate in all aspects of agile development and design
- Demonstrated experience in/with quality engineering
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Demonstrated experience in/with Selenium
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Equivalent
- 2-3 years of Quality Engineering
- Experience with testing Web Services and Java APIs
- Experience with unit test frameworks like JUnit
- Automated GUI testing experience, including use of Selenium or third party tools
- Proficiency in SQL and database concepts
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in industry standard Quality Engineering methodologies
- Ability to multi-task, triage issues, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.