Veritude is hiring a Software Engineer in Test to work at Fidelity Investments in Durham, NC
The Software Engineer is a developer who is passionate about cutting edge technologies with a proven background in software development, software quality engineering, agile(SCRUM), test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing.
Candidate will be responsible for designing, developing and executing software which ensures the Quality of Fidelity’s cutting edge Trading Platform by using industry standard tools, custom built solutions, and strong problem solving skills. He/she will own the standardization of these frameworks and source code across multiple products within the Trading/Brokerage portfolio of products.
He/She will also work closely with Developers, Architects, and Operations to ensure application code Quality thru use of code reviews, UNIT test automation and will also be critical in standing up continuous integration and continuous delivery capabilities.
Skillset & Responsibilities:
- Highly technical and experienced with the following technologies (or similar):
- Web Services (RESTful, SOAP)
- Experience with Automation Tools & Technologies is a plus:
- Selenium, Coded UI, Cucumber (highly preferred), Sah
- Parasoft SOAtest, Parasoft Service Virtualize
- Important soft skills include:
- Strong oral and written communication
- Sound attention to details
- Excellent leadership capabilities
- Ability to drive Strategy & Change across organizations
- Build Continuous Integration/Delivery automation solutions for each product/project via TFS/Jenkins
- Provide Automation solutions for large scale projects from an end to end perspective including front end, middle tier services and back end data providers.
- Developing frameworks which promote: Maintainability, Flexibility, Extensibility and Scalibility
- Performing reviews of code, and automation strategy
- Must work great in a team and also as an individual contributor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or closely related field) with at least 5+ years of experience
- Strong Objected Oriented Programming skills
- Experience in both Windows and Linux environments
- Experience providing Continuous Integration/Delivery solutions using tools such as Jenkins & UDeploy
- Strong knowledge of database concepts
- Experience working in Agile(SCRUM) teams
- Experience building complex software applications or automation frameworks