The Data Persistence Team is responsible for serialization of MATLAB data. Join the team responsible for developing automated test suites in C++ and conducting hands-on testing of new data persistence interfaces for MATLAB. Test data serialization for greater performance, robustness, and integration across multiple devices.
You will have an opportunity to work with diverse technologies and programming languages such as C++, .NET, JSON and XML. You will qualify critical and new features like new MAT file formats to support Big Data applications.
The Quality Engineer will serve as an advocate for software quality and is responsible for the development of testing strategies for new features. As a member of the MATLAB language development team, the Quality Engineer will participate in projects from their early design stages and play a critical role in driving them to final product release.
- Writing test plans and procedures
- Writing automated tests and test tools in C++ and MATLAB
- Working closely with the Engineering, User Experience, and Documentation teams
- Contributing to design reviews for product development
- Interacting with cross functional teams
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Familiar with object oriented design
- Proficiency with C++
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field, or BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field plus 3 years experience
- Proficiency in MATLAB programming, including familarity with MATLAB indexing, structures, and writing functions and scripts
- 1-2 years experience with quality engineering and the software development lifecycle
- Experience profiling and testing for performance a plus
- Familiarity with different computer platforms a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.