Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300 stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Site Reliability Engineering team within the Information Technology Digital and Channel Delivery Department has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer, in Test. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Albertsons Companies is rapidly expanding in its digital offerings. The right candidate should be able to drive the building of automation framework that scales and caters to functional and operational needs.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Engage in complex projects to identify testing optimization by levering proper tools and technology.
* Continuously improve capability and refine feature sets of existing automation framework.
* Implement holistic functional and test automation strategies to maximize test coverage and productivity while tightening test cycle time.
* Optimize product quality by participating in architectural and technical design sessions.
* Analyze bug reports and highlight problems to help identify fixes for them. Deliver regular reports identifying these bugs to other members of the engineering team.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
* 5 years of experience in building automation framework that scales and caters to functional and operational needs.
* Experience with continuous integration environments, writing testable software, and TDD/BDD
* Strong experience with bug tracking tools and procedures around logging and tracking bugs like Jira, confluence, Zephyr
* A solid understanding of how browser-specific internet traffic works in modern web applications, including HTTP, SSL, and JSON
* Knowledge of any of these frameworks : Selenium, Watir, Sahi, Cucumber, NightwatchJs and Phantomjs
* Experience in testing backend testing - API/DB (Rest assured, Karate, Snowflake, mongoDB)
* Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
* Well versed in CI/CD and experienced in building efficient, effective, and reliable regression testing pipeline - (Jenkins/CircleCI)
* Development and/or testing experience on iOS or Android would be good
* Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
* Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
* May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
* May use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
* Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
* Workday is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled