Roblox, Software Engineer -Business Applications , San Mateo, CA
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in an immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Software Engineer for Internal Tools, you will be leading the development of applications that underpin how we work together at Roblox. We are building systems that provide daily insights into how teams operate, where things are in the development cycle, how we find the best talent, and what opportunities exist to increase our own efficiency. This is a unique role that combines both software development and product management — we are looking for someone who with a desire to both design and build.
- An experienced software engineer with 3+ years of professional experience
- An expert with Google App Scripts and building integrations directly into Google Sheets
- Have a knack for building interfaces that simplify workflows while providing in depth analysis with charts, tables, and other visualizations
- Passionate about working with users to build tools that provide insights and streamline workflows
- Willing to work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities and comfortable working across multiple teams to make tradeoffs
- Work closely with engineering, product, finance, people, and talent teams to help define requirements
- Develop mockups and specification documents that can be reviewed by multiple stakeholders
- Ensure projects are well-planned, executed efficiently, and delivered with high quality
- Implement and maintain systems that will be used by the entire company