EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
We have an opportunity for you to use your analytical skills to improve strategic innovations. You’ll work closely with our subject matter experts (practicing clinicians themselves) to understand their questions and needs, then dig into their medical content to find the best answers within their “time-to-answer” requirements. You’ll develop algorithms, write scripts, build predictive analytics, use automation, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of conceptual data points into subjective answers to help clinicians make informed decisions. You will work with cross-functional teams, have exposure and visibility to senior leaders, and be able to make significant technical and business impact. Join us as we use Search for good at the clinical point of care.
- Participate in the assessment, design, implementation, and maintenance of scalable search platforms that use the latest and best in search technologies
- Collaborate with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software features into simpler stories for planning and execution.
- Participate in system and feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met.
- Drive value and build to continuously improve the quality of the team’s deliverables.
- Conduct new technology research, proof of concept, and design work that will provide direction for the enhancement of the overall system and products.
- Adhere to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, maintainability and culture.
- Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production.
- 2+ years writing in Java or related object-oriented programming languages
- 2+ years performing object-oriented design and building backend applications with REST API services using Java
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
- Experience with containerized services (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm).
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills, including an ability to look forward and anticipate problems and assess risk.
- An advocate for unit testing, automation, and test-driven development.
- Detailed understanding of Agile software engineering principles and methodologies
What we want you to bring to our culture:
Drive - Positive Attitude - Good Judgement - Open Communication – Collaboration – A Desire to Make an Impact - Eagerness to Understand – Accountability – Decisiveness – You’re a Team Player
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment:Developer, Software Engineer, Engineer, Computer Science, Java, Technology, Engineering