The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Our team develops the services and infrastructure, that houses hundreds of millions of Battle.net accounts, and handles millions of transactions for the StarCraft, Diablo, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, and the Overwatch franchises, for multiple regions around the globe. Have you ever wondered how that spectral mount is represented in our Account DB, or what happens when you make a purchase in Hearthstone? Are you curious about what happens during a game launch where millions of customers unlock access to games, features, upgrades, and more? We're the team that provides the platform that powers all of those features and more.
We primarily use Java, and technologies like Spring Boot, Docker, Consul, Vault, RDBMSs, and more, to deliver a best-in-class platform for game teams, support teams, and web teams. We are the internal hub at Blizzard; we are in every major project and release at Blizzard! We see many high load events, and work on highly scalable infrastructure to meet our project goals!
You will work with a team of talented engineers, to develop scalable and highly performant platform services. You focus on server-side engineering and architecture, framework creation, standard methodologies design and implementation all while thinking ahead to ensure we are focusing on the right features for the next decade of Blizzard games.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Proven experience programming microservices in Java
- Exceptional understanding of customer service architecture, and message middle-ware
- Strong understanding of web-related technologies (e.g. HTTP, Protobuf, REST, Message Queuing)
- Strong skills with debugging
- Linux experience
- Deep understanding of the Spring Framework
- Well versed with the concepts and philosophy of DevOps
- Experience building Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Experience building, maintaining and extending frameworks used by other teams
- Experience building and driving Integration Testing initiatives
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!