The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find DST, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and evolving challenge – one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right fit for you.
As an Associate with DST Pharmacy Solutions, you will be part of an organization that promotes better health outcomes for consumers through clinical and technological innovations. We accomplish this by leveraging the robust technology foundation and powerful analytic resources that are the core of DST, with industry leading clinical expertise and strategic pharmacy and healthcare solutions. You will join a team that is redefining the value of pharmacy in healthcare through the integration of advanced analytics, clinical insights and transformative digital capabilities.
The Software Engineer will be actively developing projects/solutions that support our overall process management strategy for product development, user experience and product innovation.Analyzes, designs, programs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related computer programs. Code may be used in commercial or end-user applications, such as materials management, financial management, mobile apps or desktop applications products. Using current programming languages and technologies, leveraging BDD (Behavior Drive Development)/TDD (Test Driven Development) methodologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Adheres to Software Engineering and Information Security Controls; aligns with enterprise architectural strategies. Closes existing software defects and ensures maintenance of architectural diagrams.
- Support various development initiatives as we continue to integrate and automate AWD into our business processes and applications
- Identify additional AWD features that can be leveraged as we migrate to the current AWD version
- Participate in gathering business/functional requirements and may have direct customer contact. Software Engineers research and analyze the root of the problem to determine and recommend appropriate technical solutions.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of programming and design principles, methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Consistently demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the application or product they support and perform a high degree of problem, impact, and risk analysis when changes occur.
- Participate in, or facilitate, business process and requirement sessions to ensure all parties understand the technical requirements
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of applications
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation
- Analyze and document technical requirements for reliability, availability, performance, scalability, audit and security
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of work-related experience, or 4 years equivalent work-related experience
- Knowledgeable in Java, Junit, J2EE, Spring, EJB
- Knowledgeable with DB2 , Oracle, SQL or other relational databases
- A passion for continuous learning as well as the ability to learn quickly and apply new skills
- Flexibility/Ability to be proactive, possesses good problem solving skills and the capability to find solutions and the ability to successfully meet deadlines
- Experience in Jenkins, Subversion, GitLab, JBOSS, Apache, RESTful and SOAP service
- AWD knowledge and integration experience with web applications is a plus.
- Experience with business process management tools and integration with web applications or other systems for automation and orchestration is preferred
Location:Kansas City Missouri
DST is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here. DST is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for assistance.