Software Engineer – JAVA
Locations: Lorton, VA – Monterrey, CA – Denver, CO
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen with an active Secret clearanceOur client is seeking multiple Mid-Senior level Software Engineers/Java Developers in multiple locations. The Software Engineer develops software for multiple medium to large-sized projects by studying information needs; conferring with clients; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Analyses of all levels of total system product which may include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or related field. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Years of Experience: 6+ years in software engineering.
- 5+ years of experience developing J2EE applications including J2EE/Java performance testing and tuning.
- Experience with Junit or other unit testing frameworks such as TestNG, JMock, or DBUnit J2EE/Java performance testing and tuning experience.
- Advanced Java programming and Object-Oriented Analysis and Design skills.
- Proficiency Level Required with MS Office Products: advanced.
- Full lifecycle experience with requirements analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and support.
- Experience with Web Services.
- 3+ years of MVC framework experience; STRUTS, SPRING MVC, JSF.
- SQL experience on Oracle or other relational database.
- 3+ years of PL/SQL experience.
- Advanced experience working with Oracle databases.
- Extensive experience in developing enterprise Java solutions following standard/best practices including SDLC, OOAD, and design patterns.
- In-depth knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems including knowledge of dat modeling concepts, ERD design and development.
- Strong experience in developing enterprise Java solutions following standard/best practices including SDLC, OOAD and design patterns.
- Experience in the design, development and implementation of batch applications.
- 5+ years of experience working with Software Development methodologies (Waterfall, RUP, AGILE/SCRUM).
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Maven, Ant, or other build tools.
- Experience with SVN (Subversion) or other source code control system.
- Proven experience building Java-based solutions for highly available and scale systems on Red Hat Linux.