T R I M Agency is a product studio and practitioners of agile development. We have solved enterprise problems through technology for billion-dollar corporations, and are passionate about building products for startups through an accelerated co-founder-as-a-service offering. For every project, we form dedicated teams of designers, developers, and strategists. Our portfolio companies have raised over $15 million in funding over the last 24 months, and we are preparing for the next cohort of companies to build, launch, and grow at our studio.
We expect our Software Engineer candidate to own a consultancy mindset, self-start on product features, and maintain sprint responsibility week-to-week by working closely with product owners and teammates. Our culture is fostered through instituting the importance of the 8 TLC’s (Exercise, Diet, Nature, Service, Relationships, Recreation, Relaxation / Stress Management, and Spiritual Health), and we structure our weekly sprints to include both “inspo days”, as well as paid investment time on Fridays. We are also the “Coolest Office in South Florida” (as named by South Florida Business Journal, 2015), creators of General Provision coworking, and home to Broward’s first coding Bootcamp. You can find our HQ in Fort Lauderdale, but our clients are all over the country.
You will be responsible for:
- Writing clean, extensible and maintainable Typescript using Test Driven Development
- Prototyping new services and applications
- Building and maintaining APIs and Micro-services
- Building and maintaining UI to spec from a Sketch or Figma prototype
- Implementing best practices, design patterns, architecture, and data modeling
- Demonstrating you work to clients on a bi-weekly basis
- Planning and estimating your sprints in consultation with your manager
We evaluate our hires in this prioritized order:
- Communication Skills
- Cultural Fit
- Leadership Quality
- Depth of Specialty
Here is what you must have:
- No less than 3 years developing software in a professional environment.
- Thorough understanding of design patterns, microservices architecture, object-oriented programming and functional programming, asynchronous and event-driven development.
- A depth of experience building APIs and Micro-services
- Experience in front-end web technologies such as Angular or React
- Comfortable using Git, GitHub, Asana, and Slack.
- Excellent communication skills, strong writing and presentation skills
Nice to haves:
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform: Cluster maintenance, logging monitoring, security, troubleshooting.
- Experience working with and understanding CI/CD and support patterns
Remote Work Benefits: Wellness platform (Yoga, Meditation, Fitness Challenges), Monthly Care Packages
On Site Benefits: Wellness platform, Monthly Massage, Full Time Barista and Cafe