Hillrom is a %242.9B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions. Hillrom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum and around the world in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.
The responsibilities of the Software Engineer are varied and may include, but are not limited to, testing, documenting, developing, and supporting EME software products. A Software Engineer will be responsible for using their expanding knowledge of the EME product line to efficiently complete assigned tasks. This will involve coordinating and executing with the EME Operations and Sales teams to provide superior customer service during installations, system maintenance, and support procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Passion for programming;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server (2016 and newer) setup and management;
- Extensive experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2016 and newer);
- Advanced knowledge of .NET framework runtime and library components;
- Some knowledge of Android/Linux systems and environments;
- Understanding of the following:
- LAN/WAN concepts such as DHCP, DNS, and TCP/IP,
- Network routing and switching in relation to application connectivity needs,
- Network sniffing and packet analyzing,
- VPN and related GUI/web-portal based administrative tools,
- Active Directory and domain policies,
- VMWare administration,
- Citrix XenApp application configuration;
- Extreme attention to detail as applied to written documentation;
- Strong verbal comprehension and direction following capabilities;
- Aptitude for quickly learning new and advanced concepts;
- Professionalism during both verbal and written interpersonal communication;
- Capability to consistently exercise sound judgment during independent work but intuitively understand when to ask for assistance;
- Willingness to cover after hours support rotation;
- Ability to show up daily for work in our Jupiter, FL office.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher), with computer science, computer engineering, and/or network engineering focus;
- Expertise and/or Microsoft credentialling (ex. MCSA, MCSE) with SQL Server;
- 1-3 years of experience working with patient monitoring (ex. GE Healthcare, Philips, Nihon Kohden, Draeger, Edwards, Sorin, etc.) or other data producing medical devices;
- 1-3 years of software testing and/or development experience in other Healthcare Technology;
- 1-3 years of documentation experience in a QMS system or with FDA submissions;
- Mechanical and/or computer hardware experience;
- Any experience in medical device integration (MDI), or lab information systems (LIS) integration, with electronic medical records (EMRs) such as Epic and Cerner using the HL7 and FHIR protocols;
- Knowledge of advanced network and cybersecurity concepts and well-known products a big plus.