This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS in Computer Science / Engineering or similar technical degree
- Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills as well as written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to train others and ensure we have the right skillsets, culture and practices to build a strategic testing platform from the ground up, using automation at every step of the software development chain.
- Excellent Release Management skills who can develop common strategies for release governance across multiple departments and establish consistent release management processes.
- Facilitate cross-department coordination of release management functions by planning release windows and the overall release lifecycle.
- Enhance testing capability and coverage for existing critical platforms leveraging best practices for test planning, data management, and automation.
- Functional experience with change management, implementation planning and release management along with Financial industry experience.
- Research new technologies, identify and learn best practice, adapt quickly and provide technical guidance to other team members
- Work with multiple globally distributed teams to deliver solutions across regions
- Advise, collaborate with, and synthesize feedback from Wealth Managers and Product Desks.
- Responsible for developing automation test strategy, test scenarios and test execution and coordinating with team members to insure solid test coverage is being addressed.
- Managing and tracking work using management tools like JIRA & HP ALM
- Follow and promote Agile practices like SCRUM, BDD, ATDD, TDD and Continuous Integration with Jenkins.
- Experience in Cloud technologies and developing scripts using tools like Selenium with Java. (e.g. Page Object Implementation, API Test Automation).
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Designing, Developing and Coding scripts for Automation testing.
- Experience on the toolsets (Jira, SOAP UI/Ready API, Java for API (Restful & SOAP) automation, Postman, Jmeter, DB2, Sybase, RestAssured/Karate or similar frameworks.
CCB (Consumer & Community Banking)
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.