We are seeking new additions to our Software Engineering Team as we enter a new phase of our technological future in industrial manufacturing. Always innovating, our Software Engineer's support our legacy products and existing software and develop new software solutions.
These positions will specifically support CNC and PLC Real-time Embedded Software development.
Our goal is to foster a creative, solutions-focused Software Engineering function through collaborative teams who are diverse in skills, years of experience, specialties, and industries in an open office environment. If you have the skills listed and are an effective team member who works well in a group environment, then Hypertherm's Software Engineering Team may be the place for you!
Other important Hypertherm facts:
- We also are not just employees: we are owners, Hypertherm is 100% associate-owned.
- We offer a competitive total rewards compensation plan. Including stock ownership and profit-sharing.
- We provide job security with a 50-year record no-layoff philosophy.
We are looking for Software Developers who:
- Have a deep background and interest in Computer Science with a Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- Enjoy working with other people in engineering and non-engineering fields to understand and resolve problems
- Have strong math skills and experience with CNC and PLC embedded software development
- Are experienced in the development of customer-facing user interface applications
- Use techniques like pair programming, Test Driven and Behavior Driven Development (TDD, BDD) to develop high quality, valuable software
- Are excited to learn and embrace emerging technologies and languages while maintaining existing products.
Open to considering Software Developers with any combination of these skills:
- Testing frameworks (RSpec, Cucumber, n/j/xUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, Jest)
- Revision Control (Git)
- Embedded Software (C, C++)
- CI, Build Automation Tools (Jenkins, Travis CI, Bamboo, TeamCity, VSTS)
- Experience designing applications for real-time operating systems running alongside Windows 10
- Real-time design experience related to multi-axis coordinated motion trajectory planning or control
- Applied mathematics and kinematics of multi-axis motion control or robotics systems
- Industrial networks (EtherCAT, SERCOS, CAN)
- Office networks (LAN, WLAN)
- CNC or PLC design and programming
- PC hardware platforms
Location: Lebanon, New Hampshire. (Relocation assistance is available.)
Hypertherm is an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity in our company. We give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
- Employee Events
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Memberships
- Health Care On Site
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision