The Artificial Intelligence Technology & Systems Group develops artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms, technologies, and systems for extracting information from multimedia data. The group's R&D efforts include speech recognition, language identification, word and topic spotting, text classification, and extraction of entities, links, and events from both text and speech. The group emphasizes AI, machine learning, technology transition to the government in operational environments, and technology evaluation with operationally relevant metrics and datasets.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The group has created several analytics based on this R&D to support real-world needs and growing user communities. This role will be assisting with the integration of these analytics into robust software prototypes.
Position Scope/Job Functions
The engineer will have the following responsibilities:
• Assist with the refinement of existing advanced analytics and natural language processing prototypes into stable and robust products.
• Assist with the transition of existing components into a standardized architecture for large-scale distributed systems.
• Develop simple user interfaces to showcase analytical prototypes.
• Write clean, stable, efficient, and scalable code with automated testing.
• Modify existing components to support new requirements and resolve defects.
• Support all phases of software development to include planning, design, development, test, and release.
Initial specific tasks may include:
• Generate a report to display results of software that prioritizes content for transmitting media over a low-bandwidth connection.
• Develop plug-ins to integrate software prototypes into sponsor systems.
• Assist with the integration of existing HLT analytics into a new architecture based on the Hortonworks and Elastic stacks.
• Assist with the development of software that utilizes modern frameworks such as Kafka and Nifi.
• Maintain and extend build infrastructure to include continuous integration.
Augment unit and integration tests to provide greater confidence in releases.
• BS plus 1 year minimum relevant experience, Associates Degree plus 3 years minimum relevant experience, or Technical School Certificate plus 3 years minimum relevant experience
• Minimum 1 year of software design, development, and test experience.
• Must be comfortable working as part of a small team in a fast-paced environment
• Must have strong proficiency in Java.
• Must possess strong software engineering skills with experience in object-oriented programming, software design patterns, and concurrent programming.
• Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle.
• Experience developing cross-platform software to run on Windows, Linux, and Mac.
• Experience using git, GitHub, and Jira.
• Familiarity with Agile, Kanban, and test-driven development methodologies.
• Active Secret Clearance
• Proficiency in Python and C#.
• Familiarity with the Hortonworks stack, HDFS, and frameworks such as Kafka, Spark, and NiFi.
• Familiarity with ElasticSearch and Kibana.
• Familiarity with Redis
• Familiarity with NoSQL databases or graph databases such as Neo4j.
• Familiarity with continuous integration practices, including automated build, test, and analysis.
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Infrequent
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
- On Site Cafeteria
- Paid sick days
- Life Insurance
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Gym Memberships
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Program
- Military Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Professional Development
- Employee Events
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off