Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for leading American Corporations. We are currently seeking a Software Engineer for our client in the Transportation and Logistics Services domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Permanent position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Location: Lowell, AR
Compensation: Best Market Rates
Role: Software Engineer
Primary Skills: Java
Role Description: The Software Engineer would need to have at least 5+ years of experience. In this role as a Software Engineer, you are responsible to assist in determining user requirements and plays a key role in the development and installation of computer applications to fulfill these requirements.
You will participate in project planning, analysis, design, code and code review, unit and system testing, creating and maintaining test scripts, and installing the applications.
- Produce effective, highly reusable, and maintainable software application design by using best practices, design patterns, and OOAD methodology.
- Resolve critical problems under pressure and significant time constraint.
- Gather requirements effectively, anticipate project risks, and derive an accurate scope based on all information at hand.
- Communicate with all project stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Participate and contribute to code reviews, shared modules, reusable components, and various enterprise architectural decisions.
- Perform unit/system testing and create/maintain test scripts.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or a related field, or foreign equivalent; or equivalent, and four years of experience in software development.
- Four years of experience using languages/tools such as: Java/J2EE, Webservices (SOAP or REST), Spring, Tomcat, SQL, Eclipse, IDEA Intellij, and Angular 5+.
- Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3-7 years Java development experience (if experience is in .NET/C# would also be considered).
- At least 1 year of experience with Angular (other typescript-based front-end frameworks would also be acceptable if willing to learn Angular).
- Experience with a RDBMS (MSSQL Preferred, but DB2/Oracle/etc. also acceptable).
Nice to Have:
- Understanding of an agile development methodology
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Experience with JPA
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with a source code management solution (Git preferred, but Jira, SVN, or comparable would also be acceptable)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field
Experience: Minimum 5+ years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Udita Tyagi
Recruiter Phone: 877.884.8834 (Ext: 2141)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor
Years of Experience Required: More than 5 years
Expected Travel Time: None