Primary Location: United States (US)- Wisconsin (US-WI)- Madison
Function: Information Technology
Title: Software Engineer- 63589
As Software Engineer at John Deere Financial, you will work on a product team and support product design by planning its work, coordinating with others, and writing and testing code to deliver moderately complex functionality on a complete or significant portion of a digital solution. This level develops simpler designs to solve well-defined problems with guidance from more senior team members. Primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Develops, codes, configures, and tests programs and systems.
- Evaluates and implements enhancement design solutions to improve cost, quality, and performance of software applications.
- Determines software specifications that must be fulfilled to achieve objectives.
- Collaborates with team members and stakeholders to ensure solutions meet business needs.
- Follows industry-standard agile software design methodology.
- Implement vendor provided software applications.
What Skills You Need:
- Working understanding of an application development environment, database, data management and infrastructure capabilities and constraints
- Working knowledge of COBOL/SAS/JCL
- Working understanding of data (DDL/DML) databases (Relational / NoSQL)
- Working understanding of authentication and authorization
- Knowledge of good architecture patterns and tenets
- Proven experience in the design, development, testing, and integration of software solutions
- Proven experience working in a team environment
- Proven experience collaborating with stakeholders to solve problems via digital solutions
- Skilled in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution
This position is open to sponsorship
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Knowledge of API development (REST / SOAP)
- Working understanding of Java (Java Server Pages (JSP) / Servlets)
- Knowledge of cloud development in AWS or Azure
- Knowledge of Dev Ops, CI/CD
- Experience with agile and extreme programming (XP) development practices
- Working understanding of Test-Driven Development (TDD) practices
- Knowledge of Unix scripting
- Knowledge of Windows Application Administration
Education (or equivalent work experience):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology discipline
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click hereto find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.