Primary Location: United States (US)- Illinois - Moline
Function: Information Technology
Title: Software Engineer- 69605
As a Software Engineer at John Deere, you will work on Expert Alerts product team to develop functionalities related to Machine Insight Generation, Routing & Delivery Architecture. You will be planning its work, coordinating with others, and writing and testing code to deliver moderately complex functionality on a complete product or significant portion of a product it supports. This level develops simple designs to solve well-defined problems with guidance from more senior team members. In addition, you;
- Be an active member of an Agile software delivery team, work with your team and other delivery teams within the Product to develop software with high quality.
- May assign, coordinate and review portions of the work to support personnel
- Make decisions within established guidelines subject to review by supervisors
- Execute high level applications to more complex problems
What Skills You Need
- Proven experience in the design, development, testing and integration of high complex software solutions leveraging change management specifically with front-end designs using React, backend with J2EE / Rest API development
- Understanding of Cloud hosted applications development environment, database, data management and infrastructure capabilities and constraints
- Proven experience working in an Agile/Scrum team environment
- Proven deep experience leveraging DevSecOps and lean development principles such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery such as GitHub and Jenkins
- Deep experience with software test automation (TDD and Unit Testing Frameworks: Junit, Mockito, Cucumber, Cypress)
- Working understanding of design patterns
What Makes You Stand Out
- Capable of collaborating with multiple business stakeholders to provide information technology solutions
- Skilled in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Proven experience working in a team environment
- Big Data knowledge
- Working experience with AWS Services
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click hereto find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.