Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Job Family Specific Responsibilities
- Supports sales staff in preparing for and/or facilitating customer conversations related to software enhancements.
- Performs reviews of software enhancement requests which may also include customers' standards specification and other documentation to determine software engineering requirements.
- Performs complex technical interchange and knowledge transfer for both processes and application of products to system design.
- Generates the scope of work for software enhancements affecting our existing customers. For replacement solutions, this may include the description of operation.
- Coordinates with estimating team for appropriate equipment interfaces, when they are affected.
- Completes estimates for software enhancements.
- Develops preliminary staffing schedule for software enhancements.
- Performs full range of standard work for the professional field.
- Identifies and resolves complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
- Typically BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree. Certification may be required in some areas.
- Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments.
- Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
- Typically 5-8 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and
- Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree may be substituted for experience, where applicable
Direction of Others
- Provide general guidance or train support and/or professional staff.
Key Working Relationships
- Primarily intra-organizational contacts and external contacts.
SOC Specific Data
- Demonstrated ability to determine requirements from customers while selling our ideas
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated familiarity of software products and engineering processes
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to stay current with the latest material handling concepts
- Demonstrated ability to manage numerous opportunities and deadlines
- Proven ability to reliably forecast and report on the status of proposals