The Software Engineer will work within the Data Analytics Group. The primary responsibility is designing, building, testing, and maintaining large-scale software applications and data products. The Software Engineer will have the opportunity to work closely with data scientists, investment bankers and senior management across the Firm. Successful candidates should have a strong programming and quantitative background.
· Advanced degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
· Excellent object oriented or functional analysis and design skills
· Experience in rational databases such as MySQL and MSSQL, or NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and Elasticsearch
· Experience in the full software development lifecycle (requirements gathering, designing, building, testing and maintenance).
· Experience on a frontend technology stack including React, Node.js, Angular, and Vue
· Experience with cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure or AWS Platform
· A passion for understanding real world problems through data analysis and presentation
· Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
Nice to have:
· Experience with DevOps and designing RESTful API services.
· Strong interest or previous experience in finance preferred.